A while back, we have talked about redesigning a landscape on a new property you have just bought. In the best case scenario, an unattractive property can turn into a lush patch of Paradise with a good plan and a professional landscaping team to fix everything. But what do you do when you stumble upon a good property – money wise – which features a damaged lawn and landscape? Let’s say you do have the best house in the neighborhood, with the mostly severely damaged lawn ever. What do you do? Intensive lawn care Milford, CT experts have some guidelines for you to keep in mind.
1. Assess the Property
If things look really bad, you should call for an expert lawn care Milford, CT company to help you evaluate the damages. For a correct initial evaluation you should identify the following signs before you ask for help:
- The soil is dry, heavily compacted and cluttered
- The soil is filled with clay
- The plants, grasses, turf and flowers are dehydrated, burnt or dead
- The landscape swarms with pests
- At a careful look, you can see with the naked eye the presence of disease, fungi or mold
- The landscape is overwhelmed by weeds
2. Identify the Causes
After you identified these signs and symptoms and counted more than four of them present in the same time, it’s time to ask for professional help. A lawn care Milford, CT company will further evaluate the damages and try to figure out the main reasons why the property got so damaged. It is true that there are plenty of factors contributing to such an occurrence, but usually the main issues can be traced back to the soil:
- The soil’s pH is too high or too low, thus making it hard for the turf and plants to develop in a healthy manner.
- The soil was polluted by different substances and chemicals; the overuse of fertilizers and pesticides can lead to such a problem.
- The water in the soil cannot be properly drained so that the soil gets filled with clay.
- The soil lacks water, thus got cluttered and very dry.
- The soil was never treated against pests, weeds or disease infections.
After the expert lawn care Milford, CT experts thoroughly evaluated the damages and identified the causes, it’s time to implement intensive lawn care activities.
3. Implement Intensive Lawn Care Strategies
Usually, lawn care Shelton, CT experts implement one of three main intensive lawn care strategies to save the lawn or repair it completely. They can be summed up as follows:
- Deep soil core aeration: helps light, warmth and fertilizers to reach the plants roots, reviving them, provided the soil quality is good.
- Dethatching and overseeding: by cutting slits in the lawn, this helps remove weeds and treat the soil against pests and disease.
- Complete lawn removal: an extreme measure used when the clay is overwhelming and the soil’s quality is poor.